Personal Data Act (523/1999)
Date of drafting: April 1, 2010
Koskisen Group, Koskisen Oy (including Koskitukki Oy)
FIN-16600 JÄRVELÄ, FINLAND
Business ID: 02155815
Tel. +358 (0)20 553 41
2. Person in charge and/or contact person
Koskisen Oy, Marketing Department
Tel. +358 (0)20 553 41
3. Name of the personal data file
Koskisen Group’s (Koskisen Oy and Koskitukki Oy) online services (Koskisen, Koskitukki, Herrala Houses, Kokoa, Committed to Wood) User Register.
4. Purpose of the personal data file
The purpose of the personal data file is:
– Maintenance of Koskisen services provided online to the user.
– Management and development of the customer relationship between the online service user and the service provider.
– Maintenance of Koskisen’s online services and any services provided via these to the user.
– Management of the internal and external activities of Koskisen Group or of its subcontractors in so far as they are related to Koskisen’s online services or to the services provided via these online services, or to the management of orders or customer contacts.
– The production of information for use in the above-specified manner in direct marketing by Koskisen, in information acquisition, and in related tasks such as customer data profiling.
5. Information included in the personal data file
The personal data file contains collected and recorded customer-specific information such as: customer name, contact information, areas of interest, preferences, data collected by cookies, order related information, and user profiles based on this information, as well as financial user information related to services or products purchased through Koskisen’s online services.
6. Regular sources of personal data
Information on Koskisen online service users recorded by the register controller includes:
– information provided by the user when using online services
– data collected by cookies
– data collected by logging customer use of online services
– information provided by units providing services, products and supplementary services related to Koskisen’s online services
– information provided by units that provide logistic services such as billing, freighting, maintenance etc.
7. Regular destinations of disclosed data and transfer of data to countries outside the EU or the European Economic Area.
Personal data may be disclosed and transferred to Koskisen and its units or to its sales representatives, some of which are located outside the EU or the European Economic Area, to be used for the abovementioned purposes. Servers used for the administration and maintenance of Koskisen’s online services may in some cases also be located outside the EU or the European Economic Area.
8. Data protection measures applied
Personal data files are protected by passwords and/or held in locked, secure premises. The data is also protected by Koskisen’s information security protocols and information processing security systems such as firewalls. Access to personal data contained in the data file is granted only to specially authorised employees of Koskisen Group and its subcontractors.
Personal Data Act (523/1999)
sections 10, 24
Koskisen is committed to complying with the Personal Data Act (523/99) in the holding and processing of information as well as other applicable Finnish legislation concerning the protection of personal information.
The purpose of information holding and processing
The purpose of gathering personal data on the users of our online services is to enable us, in return, to provide additional information and more relevant services to our customers and to help us to build a better picture of the users of our online services. Our online services gather information on user numbers, the ways in which users use our services, and which of our services and pages are most or least used or visited. This information is used for the further development and improvement of our online services and other Koskisen services.
Personal data is used mainly for targeted marketing, communications and sales purposes.
The personal information you provide is used solely for the development and provision of Koskisen’s services. Koskisen does not disclose personal data to any third parties outside Koskisen Group. For technical and practical reasons though, information may be stored on subcontractor servers or subcontractors may handle the information on our behalf.
Provision of personal data on behalf of another person, such as a colleague, is done under the understanding that you have their permission to do so. Submitting information to Koskisen gives Koskisen the right to use the information in question for service development and targeting purposes. Persons under the age of 18 may not submit personal information to Koskisen without a parent’s or legal guardian’s consent. Under 18-year-olds are also forbidden from conducting purchases or other legal transactions without the consent of a parent or legal guardian unless prescribed otherwise by applicable law.
You are welcome to contact Koskisen to verify the content of your personal information at any time. At your request, we will correct or delete any inaccurate or outdated information held in your personal data file. For more advice or information please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also prohibit the use of your personal information for direct advertising, distance selling and other direct marketing, as well as for market and opinion research and for public registers and genealogical research. If you wish to do so, please send your request via the above email address.
If you have any questions or feedback regarding Koskisen’s online services, please contact us using the contact forms provided via our online services or via email to: email@example.com